Solley’s Ice Cream Parlour, The Dairy, Church Lane, Ripple, Deal, Kent, CT14 8JL.
+44 (0)1304 374100
Open daily April – August, 11am – 4pm.
The AboutDeal team are big fans of Solley’s ice cream. With 15 flavours to choose from, ranging from traditional vanilla to blue bubblegum, plus sorbet’s and vegan ice cream, everyone will be happy with a visit to Solley’s.
The farm also has walking and cycling trails plus tractor rides most weekends.
123 High Street, Deal, Kent CT14 6BB
Homeware, garden accessories, gifts and clothing all with a quirky style.
Arno & Co Grocers
Interesting selection of food plus coffee and light bites.
Opening Hours: Tuesday – Saturday 9am – 5pm
94 High Street, Deal, Kent, CT14 6EE.
Bee Crafty Bee Happy Craft Store
A friendly craft shop on The Strand.
- Knitting / crochet yarn & supplies
- Fabric, fat quarters & sewing supplies
- Papercraft supplies
- Craft kits
If you can’t find what your looking for in the store / web shop they also do special orders.
During COVID restrictions free local delivery on all orders (maximum distance 20 miles from Deal, Kent.)
Shop 2, 49 The Strand Walmer, Deal, CT14 7DL, United Kingdom
Tel: 01304 274740
Opening times: Monday – Saturday 09:00 – 17:30
Independent brands and hand crafted items for you, your dog and your home.
132 High Street, Deal, Kent, CT14 6BE.
Wednesday – Saturday 10am–4:30pm
Walmer Green, Deal, CT14 7DY. 8am – 4pm
Walmer Brocante is an open air antiques, collectables and crafts fair.
Pitches from £40. Click here for event updates & for a booking form.
Deal Braderie -Deal’s Annual Street Market
September. Date to be announced.
8.30am – 4.00pm
As with all events, due to the COVID19 outbreak, it is uncertain if it will go ahead. If it does the stalls will be sold nearer to the event date than usual. There will be a form on the Deal Town Council web page or you will be able to pick one up from reception at Deal Town Hall once the decision has been made to go ahead.
Large annual street market running along Deal High Street from St Georges Church to just past the junction of Water Street (near Alfred Square).
Antiques, vintage clothing, vintage jewellery, crafts, bric-a-brac, memorabilia, books, stamps and plants plus lots more.
Deal Maritime & Local History Museum tells the tales behind this seaside town.
Models, local photos and marine artifacts illustrate the stories of the local people who lived here, the fishermen, lifeboat crews, Royal Marines and smugglers.
The museum has been reorganised and now has some great photo opportunities plus a display area that changes every month.
Opening times from the start of April to mid October:
1pm-4pm, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
Free, but donations are very welcome!
22 St George’s Road, Deal, Kent, CT14 6BA.
Deal Classic Motor Show.
Date TBA – May 2022, 10am – 4.00pm.
Walmer Green, Deal, CT14 7DY.
Up to 800 classic vehicles, from 1900 to the modern day, will be on show.
The Classic Music Show on two stages, Retro Market, interesting static displays, children’s entertainers and rides, Real Ale Bar and lots more.
Free entry for the public.
Urban Chic is a small boutique on Deal High Street. Their window displays are always beautiful, offering a glimpse of the delights inside the shop.
Urban Chic offers a carefully curated range of clothes, jewellery, accessories and gifts. If you are looking for something special then take a look at their selections from independent labels.
67 High Street, Deal, Kent, CT14 6EH. 01304 448940.
Deal based cleaning company. Domestic and commercial cleaning contractors for the Deal, Sandwich, Dover, St Margaret’s & Kingsdown areas. Continue reading “Apex Clean Ltd”
This independent gallery in Deal, Kent describes itself as having a ‘punk rock’ ethic. This is not your standard, twee seaside themed gallery.
The DONT WALK WALK gallery is a working artists’ studio. See work from over 20 artists ranging from emerging artists to established talents. The rotating exhibitions include painting, printmaking, illustration, photography and sculpture plus film screenings.
The gallery has hosted work by Noel Fielding and Jim Moir aka Vic Reeves.
10 Victoria Road, Deal, Kent, CT14 7AP.
Contemporary Art Gallery
32 St George’s Road, Deal, Kent CT14 6BA
01304 360 411
Tuesday to Saturday 10am – 4pm
Sunday 11am – 2pm
See their website for details of the latest exhibitions.
Sundays at Betteshanger Park
A free 2k run for juniors (4-14 year olds).
Every Sunday at 9:00am.
Please register before your first run and bring a printed copy of your barcode.
Betteshanger Bikers ( Relaunching Spring 2022)
Every Sunday from 10am – 11.30am. Ages 8 – 14.
A weekly cycle club for young mountain bikers to get expert coaching.
For more information on all these events click here.
The Village Indoor Market, The Warehouse, Sondes Road, Deal, CT14 7BW.
Opening times: Friday, Saturday and Sunday 10:30am–2:30pm.
25 varied stalls. Antiques, art work, crafts, food and fashion.
Deal Pier Kitchen, Deal Pier, Beach St, Deal CT14 6HX
Opening Times: Mon – Sun 9am–5pm
Phone: 01304 368228
Breakfast, brunch, lunch, coffee and drinks. The focus is on using fresh, local & organic ingredients to produce nutritious and delicious food.
Deal Food & Drink Festival at Deal Castle
September, Date TBA
Friday: 12pm to 7pm
Saturday 10am to 7pm
Sunday: 11am to 5pm
- Local Kent produce, food & drink.
- Ales, Craft Beers, Ciders & Mead.
- Local, National & International foods.
- Artisan food & drink producers.
- Live music & children’s rides.
- Friday night jazz.
- Children’s face painting.
- Craft, art and home & garden stalls.
Previous line up to give you an idea of what to expect…
Bring a good appetite and a taste for adventure.
- The Cooking Box Ltd -Burgers with homemade toppings. Meat burger, chicken breast or vegetarian. Homemade coleslaw. All produce sourced within the Kent area.
- Real Greek Food – Pork or chicken souvlaki in a pitta bread with tomato, tzatziki sauce, onion and fries.
- 800 Degrees Ltd – Fresh pizza from a wood fired pizza.
- Thai Next Door -Authentic Thai Food; Stir fries, Thai curries & noodle dishes. Homemade spring rolls.
- ‘Hits the Spot’ French Crepes -Savoury & sweet crepes. Freshly squeezed Victorian lemonade, with a twist.
- Sabores -Arepas; chicken, pork or vegetarian. Salad boxes.
- Caribbean Hut – Jerk Chicken, curry goat, curry chicken, patties, jerk pork, dumplings and salad.
Don’t forget your shopping bags.
- Olivier’s Bakery -Fresh, handmade bread, pastries, cakes & savouries.
- The Great British Cheese Company -Award winning, flavoured, cheese truckles.
- Riverford Organic East Kent – Organic fresh fruit and veg and dry goods boxes for home delivery.
- Granny Sally’s Confectionary – Olde English Fudge.
- Gateau Mini – Cakes & novelty cakes (disguised as burgers, chips, KFC chicken etc.) Cupcakes, doughnuts and traybakes. Sausage rolls, pork pies, etc.
Drinks & Ice Cream
- The Famous Last Stand. Local, National and International Ales. Craft Beers and Ciders. Prosecco, Wine and Gin.
- Snow White Catering – Ice Cream Van.
- Top Drinks – whisky, gin, rum, vodka, liqueurs and ports.
- Simply Ice Cream – Handmade, homemade multi award winning ice creams and sorbets.
- Abyssin Ethiopian Flavours – Pina coladas.
- Moswick Wines & Spirits – Rubis Chocolate wine plus a great selection of Italian grain vodkas and flavoured Gins.
Merrygardens Florist has been serving Deal and the surrounding areas for decades. Flowers and arrangements are available for all occasions and events. Merrygardens is also an Interflora florist.
Merrygardens has now expanded and has a select range of home accessories available.
96 High Street, Deal, Kent, CT14 6EE. 01304 374228
Opening times: 9am to 5am, Monday to Saturday
The Nailsquad nail bar is located on the High Street in Deal and offers a range of manicures and pedicures as well as other beauty treatments.
3 High Street, Deal, Kent, CT14 7AA.
Timeless is located within Laines Jewellers, 14 High Street, Deal.
Come and see the carefully selected range of home accessories that will make your home stand out from the crowd. Continue reading “Timeless”
Since it has opened The Rose has garnered a flood of great reviews including in the broadsheet newspapers.
The Rose is a hotel, bar and restaurant with the focus on quality. Locally sourced ingredients and traditional British recipes are served with imagination.
91 High Street, Deal, Kent, CT14 6ED.
Filberts Foods is a deli and gourmet food shop. It specialises in British sourced foods of the highest quality.
Check out their range of breads, cheese, charcuterie, chutneys and deli items.
87b High Street, Deal, Kent, CT14 6ED.
A journey through the history of cinema. This new addition to Deal’s list of attractions is a lovingly curated collection of movie memorabilia.
Disabled access, including lift and WC plus disabled parking can be reserved in advance.
Click here for more information.
£5.50 – Adult
£4.00 – Concession
£4.00 – Under 16
Open All Year Friday-Sunday and Bank Holidays.
11am – 6pm May to September
12pm – 5pm October to April
41 Stanhope Road, Deal, Kent, CT14 6AD.
Deal based Millards Insurance has acquired Delta Travel Insurance and can now offer specialist travel insurance policies. Our friendly staff can answer all of your queries by phone and tailor a travel policy to suit you and your budget.
Budget friendly travel insurance for:
- Over 60s / 65s travel insurance
- Under 18s & Gap year travel insurance
- Activity holiday insurance
- Over 70s / 80s travel insurance
- Long stay travel insurance
- Disability & medical conditions
Contact Millards Insurance for a free quote. Please mention AboutDeal.co.uk.
The Hog & Bean
Eatery, Deli & Coffee House
4 Victoria Road, Deal, Kent, CT14 7AP.
07403 023 306
Eat in and takeaway menus. Orders can be taken by phone.
Open 7am – 7pm
Open 7 days a week
Specialises in local produce. Fresh, additive free bread. Home baked cakes. Wines, spirits, ciders and mead. Carefully selected range of deli products.
Take a taste of Kent home with you.