The best things in Deal to see.
Deal in Kent is a very picturesque seaside town. Deal really is Instagram ready!
There are plenty of beautiful Georgian buildings, and the view of the town from the pier is delightful.
The surrounding countryside is very pretty. The panoramic views from Ripple Windmill are especially good.
Deal castle and Walmer castle also make great photo opportunities.
Our top 10 things to see in Deal, Kent
- Walmer Castle and gardens
- Deal Castle – a rugged castle
- Deal Pier – walk along the pier and appreciate the unspoiled views of our characterful town. Be sure to get a selfie with the ‘Embracing the Sea’ statue.
- Beach – the long shingle beach offers many different views and aspects including the fishing boats, sailing boats and beach huts.
- Sunrise over the seafront – check the sun-up times before you go out and treat yourself to a hearty breakfast in one of our recommended cafes/bars/bistros and restaurants.
- Timeball tower
- Betteshanger country park – a nature reserve built on the old colliery site
- Quaint winding streets and a plethora of architectural styles
- Countryside – enjoy the unspoiled countryside with fields, woods & clifftop walks
- Birds – look out for the buzzards and red kites in the Betteshanger to Eastry areas along with other rare seasonal visitors.