The best things in Deal to see.
Deal in Kent is a very picturesque seaside town. There are plenty of beautiful Georgian buildings, and the view of the town from the pier is delightful.
The surrounding countryside is very pretty.
Deal castle and Walmer castle also make great photo opportunities.
Our top 10 (+1) things to see in Deal, Kent
- Deal Castle – a good day out with plenty of interesting things to see
- Timeball tower – find out when the time ball raises and falls and watch this 19th century spectacle working
- Deal Pier – walk along the pier and appreciate the unspoiled views of our characterful town
- Walmer Castle – the gardens are especially worth a visit
- Beach – The long shingle beach offers many different views and aspects
- Shops – Browse the markets and charming boutique shops in the town
- Betteshanger country park – a nature reserve built on the old colliery site
- Quaint winding streets and a plethora of architectural styles
- Countryside – enjoy the unspoiled countryside with fields, woods & cliff top walks
- Birds – Look out for the buzzards and Red kites in the Betteshanger to Eastry areas along with other rare seasonal visitors
- Deal Cinema ( – if you’re really lucky. It’s not here yet and it’s been years in the planning but when it finally gets here we are sure it’s worth looking at!)
The sun rises over the seafront and is worth a look on a good clear day but check the sun up times before you go out and treat yourself to a hearty breakfast in one of our recommended cafes/bars/bistros and restaurants.